[rt-users] Interfacing with RT...how to?

Roberto Orsini roberto.orsini at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:56:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've just installed RT to check if it can be used for an online shop
project I'm working on, to track the customers' requests.
I read on the features section of the web site that there is an API to
access RT's functions from the "outside" and that both its email
gateway and its web interface use it.
I *think* I understood that this interface is REST, but I can't find any
documentation about it. Unfortunately I can't program in Perl, so I
can't quite understand the source.

The questions are: am I right? Is REST really a supported way to
interact with RT? If so, where can I find the REST API documentation?
If I'm wrong, what would be the best way to insert and retrieve
informations in and out of RT from another web application not written
in Perl?

Thanks.