[rt-users] Rt3.0.10: InnoDB problem from a database novice

Rob W.W. Hooft rob at hooft.net
Tue Sep 13 07:08:47 EDT 2005

Since a while, we are running RT3.0.10 on a "debian" linux system. The
system was installed using the debian apt system, so nothing complicated
needed to be done to install RT. Tickets were imported from an older RT2
system (that was manually installed on a RedHat box).

Since last week, people started complaining about our server suddenly
being slow. Now that I dive into performance issues, I notice that our
mysqld (4.0.18) is running on MYISAM tables, and not InnoDB. According
to reports I read, this is not possible.

This morning I decided to give it a try and upgrade the database to
InnoDB tables. I dumped the database to a 1.4GB sql file, changed
mysql's configuration, and tried to reimport the (slightly modified) sql
file. Unfortunately the process stopped after a minute or so with the
message 'Table "Attachments" is full', and sure enough the location
where this happens is an INSERT command in the SQL file.

I am now back to MYISAM, wondering how this should/can be fixed. My lack
of experience with database management is a good reason why I did not
even think about upgrading to 3.2 and 3.4 yet....

Any other RT user that can help me out with this problem?

Rob

--
Rob W.W. Hooft  ||  rob at hooft.net  ||  http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/