[rt-users] client denied by server configuration

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Sun Sep 18 06:13:21 EDT 2005

Hello!

I've just installed rt 3.4 ( on gentoo ), and as far as I can tell, everything
went just fine... however when I try to access rt ( set up as a virtual host,
using fastcgi and apach2 ), I get a permision denied...

"client denied by server
configuration: /var/www/rt.server.org/rt-3.4.3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"

Any ideas what's going on here?  Many thanks.

here's my vhosts.conf

<IfDefine FASTCGI>
# Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

# Tell FastCGI that it should use apache's "suexec" binary to call any FastCGI
# script.
# This is a GLOBAL setting
FastCgiWrapper /usr/sbin/suexec2

# Apache 1.3 discards the user and group parameters on the FastCgiServer line.
# Apache 2.0 requires them.
FastCgiServer /var/www/rt.server.org/rt-3.4.3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi
-idle-timeout 120 -user rt -group rt -processes 4

<VirtualHost rt.server.org:80>
  ServerName rt.server.org
  DocumentRoot /var/www/rt.server.org/htdocs/rt
  ServerAdmin admin at server.org
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  <IfDefine USERDIR>
    UserDir disabled
  </IfDefine>
  # Set the rt user and group as the executing user for this virtual host
  SuexecUserGroup rt rt
  AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
  ScriptAlias / /var/www/rt.server.org/rt-3.4.3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
  <Directory "/var/www/rt.server.org/htdocs/rt">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all