[rt-users] Seeking documentation on applying patches posted in rt-commit

Jennifer I. Moore jim1 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 22 16:41:12 EDT 2005

Hi Todd, rt-users, and rt-commit,

Thank you for your reply.  It would be very helpful, if I was already
versed in the use of Subversion, and it was already installed on my
system.  Unfortunately, neither is the case yet.  Though I did find the
thread in the RT mail list archives on renaming the Subversion tree, so I
have a better understanding now of the subject lines (but what's Jiffy?).

Since Subversion seems to be one of RT's "dependencies" (in the sense of
applying patches), I was hoping to find a set of instructions in the RT
documentation that covers Subversion's installation and use *as it pertains
to RT*.  Still searching, but hoping someone may be able to point me in the
right direction.

Of course I downloaded the Subversion source, read portions of the online
book, and ran the install.  However, it didn't like the idea of being
installed in a non-default location, so I had to back out for now.  (We
have RT and all of its pieces in its own filesystem, which I
administer.  The rest is under another sysadmin's perview.)

I suppose the simpler questions are these:

   - Are there any patches that need to be applied to RT 3.4.4 to fix
bugs?  It appears that there may be.

   - Is it possible to cut and paste code posted to the rt-commit list into
an overlay file and apply the patch that way?  If so, what path and
filename?  Any other details needed?  (Please note, Perl is still just a
camel to me too.)

Thanks in advance.  I'll cross-post this to rt-commit as well.

Jennifer