[rt-users] Backing up the system

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 23 15:08:19 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 09:05, Bruce Rudd wrote:

> That is one option.  But I would loose an customization I had and the
> installation did not go without it's problems the first time.  I was not
> sure if everything resided under /opt/rt3/

You'd have to install all the needed perl modules again and fix your
httpd.conf besides having the database and things under /opt/rt3.
I like to have backuppc (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/) running
on another machine making nightly copies of everything because it
is painless and it's really easy to grab a few files back through
the web interface.  It is also possible to get full tar images back and
thus do a full restore, although that isn't completely automated.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com