[rt-users] Lotus Notes Integration

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Tue Sep 27 19:58:25 EDT 2005

Hi Markus,

GreenCircle wrote:

> is it possible to integrate RT into Lotus Notes? Has anybody already
> worked on such a application?

Unfortunately we use Notes here.  The mail side works ok.  You can setup
aliases in the notes contact directory which redirect out to the RT
queues making it easier for your users.

The only problem we had was when management insisted on adding a
disclaimer to outgoing mail the notes administrator was quick to find a
notes based solution that ended up with lots of disclaimer crap in our
RT database.  A bit of thwacking with a clue stick and mimedefang on the
unix border mail gateway fixed that.

Carl.