[rt-users] Few things in RT that annoy me and my support.

popeye popeye at popeye.ws
Wed Sep 28 07:08:12 EDT 2005

Thanx alot to Ruslan Zakirov.
Its some fixes for epty list in search and on first page  in "newest unowned
tickets".
Problem was: If user don't have right for queue then he not see tickets from
this queue but RT reserve row for it in result, so we have small tickets on
first page and in search result..

How to fix:
We need search in database by queues which user have granted to see, not by
all queues, so RT wouldn't reserve row for unnecessary queues.
It must speed up your first page too.

This code i put in share/html/Elements/MyRequests
Code is my (i'm not perl master) so maybe you could make it "cleaner"

1) find <%init> ... </%init> section.
2) replace all to following code:

<%init>
my $rows = $RT::MyRequestsLength;

my $Query = "Owner = 'Nobody' AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open')";

my $Qadd = "";

my $CheckQueueRight = 'SeeQueue;

my $q=new RT::Queues($session{'CurrentUser'});
$q->UnLimit;

while (my $queue=$q->Next) {
 if ($queue->CurrentUserHasRight($CheckQueueRight)) {
    $Qadd .= " OR Queue= '".$queue->Id."'";
 }
}
$Qadd =~ s/^\s*OR//;
$Query .= " AND (".$Qadd.")";

my $QueryString = "";
$QueryString = '?' . $m->comp('/Elements/QueryString',
                              Query => $Query,
                              Order => 'DESC',
                              OrderBy => 'Priority') if ($Query);

</%init>

so we have full list of requests now. Seems exactly like MyRequestsLength
value...
I think this code we can put to searches too, but i didn't test it.