[rt-users] Apache2+mod_perl2 'server' method in Handler.pm

Myers, Adam amyers at doubleclick.net
Thu Sep 29 15:11:08 EDT 2005

I have recently installed RT 3.4.4 (Solaris 10, Apache2+mod_perl2,
remote Oracle host) and everything has been ok till now (of course it is
my last step).  When I inserted my virtual host into my httpd.conf file
and tried to restart Apache, I got this error in the error_log:

[error]Can't locate object method "server" via package "Apache" at
/local/rt/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 121.\nCompilation failed
in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n

The code where it errors (line 121) in Handler.pm is:

115    unless ( $RT::DatabaseType =~ /(?:mysql|Pg)/ ) {
116
117       # Clean up our umask to protect session files
118        umask(0077);
119
120       if ($CGI::MOD_PERL) {
121           chown( Apache->server->uid, Apache->server->gid,
122                $RT::MasonSessionDir )
123            if Apache->server->can('uid');
124      }

Is this because I am using Oracle so it does session handling with
Mason, and mod_perl2 does not have the 'server' method? Could I possible
hardcode the uid and gid in 'chown' with my Apache user and group?  Do I
need another perl module or does mod_perl2 have a separate package and
method to getting uid and gid from mod_perl1?

Any help or info will be useful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Adam