[rt-users] Change control

Andreas Putzo putzoa at gmx.de
Sun Apr 2 17:44:36 EDT 2006

Hi Ken,

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 19:56, Ken Crocker wrote:
>     We are attempting to do just that here at LBNL. The "APPROVAL" setup
> in RT does not seem to create the kind of audit trail we would like. We
> would like a request to keep it's number, that way every stage, from
> approval for work to approval for Acceptance testing to approval for
> installation is in history for the same request numer and therefore
> easier to track. If RT would allow for a few more options in the
> drop-down selection for staus (like "pending approvel", "approved for
> work", "approved for QA", "approved for inplementation"), we could write
> scrips to move a request from  a particular approval  queue to a work
> queue and back to another  approval queue (for QA as an example) and on
> to implemntation. That way queues can be used as steps in a work flow
> and the history of a request remains intact with the same number, going
> from  queue to queue in the workflow.

I managed the different approval stages with one queue for each stage,
moving the ticket accordingly.
For convenience, i used the callback in 	/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap to
display the actual stage in the status field on the 'RT at a glance' page.
Approval ist requested with a CustomField i created therefor, the stage
status is saved in a hidden CustomField. You may also count the existing
(resolved) dependencies for a ticket within the workflow, but the hidden
custom field works more smoothly, i think.
Just make sure, your co-workers aren't able to resolve tickets in
between :)

regards, andreas