[rt-users] RT as a HIPAA comliant messaging system?

Duncan Shannon dshannon at techfluent.com
Wed Apr 5 21:10:56 EDT 2006

I have some customers that need to follow HIPAA.

They need to be able to send secure emails...  which is a total pain in
the butt, esp. if you are using Outlook.

I have vanguard account... I can 'email' them securely... thru a web
client over https.

When I get my response, that stays in my account on line, but I get an
email that says, you have a response.

Has anyone implemented RT in such a fashion?  It seems like it could
very well be used out of the box to implement such a system... maybe
some customization to make it friendlier or more tailored to hipaa
compliance.

Anyways... any thoughts? Anyone using RT for such a system?  What do you
think?

duncan

Duncan Shannon
Techfluent, Inc.