[rt-users] LDAP Authentication

Greg Cornell greg at wwc.edu
Thu Apr 13 18:07:22 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I guess this message is really for the RT developers.  Will RT ever work
with LDAP "out of the box"?  Meaning, will it look up user info from
LDAP and authenticate to LDAP.

After spending a couple of weeks so far unsuccessfully trying to get RT
to authenticate and create users from LDAP, I've got to think that this
is something RT should just do.  Cause frankly, this is a whole lot of
work, and like I mentioned, I haven't been able to get it to work (yet).
  (Maybe it's just me though.)  It also seems that this would benefit
quite a lot of RT users.

Anyway, RT is wonderful, just wish it worked with LDAP.

Thank you for your time,
Greg