[rt-users] Re: Lack of trailing slash causing porblems in IE

Brendan Arnold brendanarnold at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:20:00 EDT 2006

I may have found the solution. After including a RewriteRule directive
that adds a trailing slash to the end of the RT url it seems to work
OK.

Add this to your virtual host entry (or general server config)

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule /(rt)$ /$1/ [R}
  Redirect /rt https://example.com/rt
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule /(rt)$ /$1/ [R]
</VirtualHost>

If you use DSOs you need to load mod_rewrite

I am pretty sure that you should be able to combine the Redirect
directive into the RewriteRule however for some reason RewriteRule
/(rt)$ https://example.com/$1/ [R] does not work.