[rt-users] Upgrade/migration path for RT 3.2.0 -> Current Rev

Scott Thomson SThomson at uua.org
Mon Apr 24 12:18:13 EDT 2006

Hey Folks,

I have RT 3.2.0 running on RHEL 3.0 on an old server that is on its way
out the door.

I have a new server running RHEL 4.0 that I want to run the current
version of RT on.

I do need to move my data over.

I think there are two ways to do that.

Scenario one:

Upgrade RT on the old server, install RT on new server, migrate data to
new server.

Scenario Two:

Migrate database to the new server, do an update/upgrade to the database
and install latest RT.

I'm strongly leaning towards the second path because of the state of the
old server.  Have any of you done an upgrade like that?  What are the
drawbacks?  Once I have the new RT installed and running on the new
server, what testing should I do before making a production server? I
was thinking I'd verify the data, create a new ticket via email and
resolve a few tickets.  I also use RTFM, so that will also have to be
installed.  When doing a migration like this, do I need to do anything
special for RTFM?  Anything I'm missing?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Thomson
Unitarian Universalist Association
25 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: 617-948-6109      Fax: 617-725-8886