[rt-users] Large dataset in Owners Dropdown (Query Builder)

Theo Kramer theo at flame.co.za
Tue Aug 8 04:37:17 EDT 2006

Hi

We are in the process of upgrading our RT from 3.0 to a later version.
So far I have tried 3.4.4, but unfortunately have a problem with
response on opening the Query Builder. Trawling the mailing list
archives I came across a thread starting at

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-December/036258.html

which discussed the problem. On the basis of the above I decided to
upgrade to 3.4.5 but still have the same problem.

On digging deeper I discovered that the difference between 3.4.4 and
3.4.5 caused the query (MySQL) to perform somewhat better, however, the
problem is not the actual query but rather in the size of the data set
returned.

In 3.0 opening Query Builder only requests privileged users, whereas
3.4.4 and 3.4.5 return around 97000 odd users in our case. This causes
both Apache on the server and the web browser on the client to choke.

The GET request from the Apache(2) log is as follows

  GET /rt3/Search/Build.html HTTP/1.1" 200 7931698

clearly illustrating the extent of the problem.

Any comments, suggestions on how I can overcome this problem will be
much appreciated.

--
Regards
Theo