[rt-users] version 3.6.1--dreaded infinite login - Apache::Sessions (Gentoo) fix!

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Mon Aug 14 14:37:44 EDT 2006

Stephen Turner wrote:

> Roy,
>
> I can't answer your question, but I'm curious to ask another question to
> all the people who have this problem - do you have a CNAME/alias for
> your RT host? We do - the published URL for our RT system uses the
> CNAME. I've found that using the actual hostname or its IP address to
> access RT eliminates the problem. I have no idea why, but I'd like to
> see if others see the same behavior.
>
> Steve

Steve,

We have a CNAME for our RT server as well. I've tried accessing it with
the real machine name and with the IP. I also converted the apache
server to remove the CNAME as a virtual host and list only the actual
hostname. In all cases, I still saw the re-login issue in my testing.

It makes some sense that the problem could be related to the server name
since Jesse mentioned that the source has something to do with internal
redirects. I haven't been able to narrow down the actual location of the
problem.

Jim

--
Jim Brandt