[rt-users] 3.6.0/mysql 4: sessions is MyISAM?

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Wed Aug 23 13:14:20 EDT 2006

(3.6.0/mysql-4.1.20/CentOS 4.3)

Hi -
        Trying to figure out why my performance goes in the crapper on
requests for merged tickets, and I noticed that all of my db tables are
InnoDB -- except sessions, which is MyISAM. I also noticed that when I'm
monitoring with mysql-administrator, the query that seems to take
forever (>120 seconds sometimes, on a db with only about 300 tickets in
it so far) looks like this:

SELECT GET_LOCK('Apache-Session-b2dec1598b67a7a5cfc7c7c9696c002c', 3600)

Is there anything to be gained by converting sessions to InnoDB, or
should I leave it as MyISAM? (I have no other MyISAM tables in this
server, so at the very least I could free up the resources by removing
the engine.)

	Thoughts?

	Thanks,
		Ole