[rt-users] help! RT::Action::NotifyGroup help!

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Thu Aug 24 13:11:23 EDT 2006

> Most probably you want to add a group instead of users, so you would
> be able to add users to the group from RT UI and scrip action will
> pick up new members automatically.

Thanks Ruslan, that sounds very sensible.

I have run the -admin tool, and created a notifygroup entity called
"Systems" which a group named 'Systems'.

# /usr/local/rt-3.4.5/local/sbin/rt-notify-group-admin --list
Name: Systems
Module: NotifyGroup
Members:
         Group   => Systems

Now, I still appear to have issues with my syntax.

after the "use RT::Action::Notify;" line, I have just one more line in the
cleanup section:

$RT::Action::NotifyGroup->SetRecipients('Systems');

which gives this error:

[Thu Aug 24 17:11:55 2006] [error]: Scrip 15 Commit failed: Can't call
method "SetRecipients" on an undefined value at (eval 858) line 2.

I once again offer the excuse of not being a perl programmer, sorry...

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

   From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
     "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

   "I have great faith in fools:
      Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe