[rt-users] Centos 4.3, rt no joy. (DBD::Oracle ?)

Chip Mefford cmefford at eruditium.org
Tue Aug 29 09:33:47 EDT 2006

Attempted to install 3.6.0 on Centos 4.3 (up to date as of this am)
I've been trying  for a few weeks, on and off to get this working.

Finally gave up trying to resolve seemingly endless dependencies
and hunted around for a rpm based (yum preferrably) based install.

Finding http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall I was
pleased, and followed the instructions (to the letter, after failing
many times to do it 'my way')

I die at;

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(DBD::Oracle) is needed by package
perl-DBIx-SearchBuilder

sigh,
Apparently, satisfying this dependency is pretty endless and
more or less requires an Oracle installation.

I don't want Oracle, don't even particularly like Oracle.

I emailed Paulo Matos a couple of weeks ago, and no response to
date.

No joy.

Suggestions?

Thanks kindly in advance,