[rt-users] Almost there!

Ben Weston ben at computerhelpme.com
Tue Aug 29 10:58:57 EDT 2006

I've used RT Extensively, but this is my first attempt at doing an
install of it.  I'm running Fedora Core 5 and Apache2.

I've been stuck at this point for a week or two.  Now that I'm back
working on the RT project, I figured it's time I ask for some help.
I've gone through the wiki docs, as well as the mailing list archive,
but it's still not working (it's gotten me this far though)...  I get
the ubiquitous "Almost there" page.

Here is what I have for an httpd.conf at this point.

# Begin RT Host
<VirtualHost 192.168.51.48:80>
   ServerName 192.168.51.48
   ServerAdmin ben at NOSPAM.com
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Directory /opt/rt34/share/html>
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Possibly unrelated...  I'm fairly new to Apache as well.  One thing I
don't understand is:
<Directory /opt/rt34/share/html>

/opt/rt34 doesn't exist (it's /opt/rt3).  However if I change it to
/opt/rt3, I get a 500 internal server error.  This way I get the Almost
there page.

Help, input, advice, direction?

Thanks,
Ben