[rt-users] Centos 4.3, rt no joy. (DBD::Oracle ?)

Frances Albemuth frances.cincinattus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 11:14:55 EDT 2006

  I've never tried the RPM-based install, but there are a couple of
ways to satisfy the dependencies.  I generally try to keep my perl
modules out of the RPM system, so you'd be using CPAN instead of a
package manager/repository like yum.

 If you still have the source sitting around and it's the same version
as the to-be-installed RPM version, from the source:

  $ make testdeps
  $ make fixdeps

  (Rinse, wash, repeat until `make testdeps` is happy.)

  If there are still missing chunks, figure out what's going on by
trying to install them from CPAN:

  perl -MCPAN -e'install Module::Name'

 In your case, you might see what happens when you run:

  perl -MCPAN -e'install DBD::Oracle'

  HTH,

  -FC