[rt-users] Centos 4.3, rt no joy. (DBD::Oracle ?)

Chip Mefford cmefford at eruditium.org
Wed Aug 30 15:32:49 EDT 2006

Ole Craig wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 09:33 -0400, Chip Mefford wrote:
>> Attempted to install 3.6.0 on Centos 4.3 (up to date as of this am)
>> I've been trying  for a few weeks, on and off to get this working.
>>
> [...]
>
> Chip -
>
> I've been running 3.6.0 on CentOS 4.3 without too many troubles, after
> perusing the RHEL4 and fedora 4 install guides at
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide and
>
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FedoraCore4InstallGuide
>
> (I stuck mostly to the former; I'm using FastCGI and the setup process
> for 3.6 is basically the same.) SNIP

Well Ole;

(and all others who helpfully replied)

Thanks kindly for all the encouragement,

I scrapped the RPM/Yum install, knuckled down, and with the
assistance of those provided urls, as well as more digging
in the wiki, and some head/desk pounding. Have all dependencies
satisfied, 3.6.0 installed, and am now configuring.
Even learned some stuff along the way!

So, thanks for the hopeful words, they were a big help!

take care
--chipper