[rt-users] issue with attachments table

Hochberg, Keith Keith.Hochberg at mtvn.com
Wed Aug 30 17:09:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

We run RT3, 20 queues, 110,000 tickets and about 40 users.  Versions are
RT 3.2.3, mysql 4.0.20 and apache 2.0.52 on CentOS4.2 with kernel
2.6.9-22.  We recently started experiencing an issue where tickets were
being created in our queues with no message body.  We tracked it down to
a problem with the attachment table in the RT database.  A mysql
maintenance job temporarily fixed the issue and it happened again.  The
size of our database is about 4.2GB which doesn't seem too large from
what I've read on this mailing list.  Has anyone seen this issue before
and have any recommendations?

We've toyed with the idea of using rtx-shredder or archiving older
tickets and making them available via another instance of RT but we
don't want to have to do either unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thanks all!

Keith Hochberg