[rt-users] RT 3.6.1 CLI--how to pass in a newline

Frank Pater fpater at dca.net
Thu Aug 31 15:24:56 EDT 2006

Hi Jim,

We recently had an application that required us to import data containing newlines into our RT instance via the command-line tool. We found that the text field of the 'create' option does not accept newlines, however adding an actual newline character to a 'comment' does:

[root at support ~]# /opt/rt3/bin/rt  comment -m 'foo
> bar' 40849
Password:
Message recorded
[root at support ~]# echo $?