[rt-users] performance question

Filip Rembialkowski filip.rembialkowski at eo.pl
Fri Dec 1 04:01:06 EST 2006

On Thu, November 30, 2006 18:12, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>> I was talking about 3.4.1, because the results are very similar.
>>
>> to be precise, I made this test again, just for a single home page view,
>> and have posted SQL log for single home page view here:
>> http://depesz.com/various/rt-3.6.1-homepage-view-sql-log.html
>> if you look at this, you will know what I mean
>>
>> so the question is still valid.
>> is it needed to ask all these queries?
>
> That sure looks to me like 21 real queries and 156 "DEALLOCATE" commands
> that are (I presume) the result of reading whatever the queries return.
> I don't think things are as bad as you thought they were.

i'd be happy if it was so good :)

first column is the query with placeholders, second column - number of
times it was executed

SELECT count(main.id) FROM Tickets main WHERE ((main.EffectiveId =
main.id)) AND ((main.Status != ?)) AND ((main.Type = ?)) AND ((main.Queue
= ?) AND (main.Status = ?)) -- 405 times

EXECUTE <unnamed>  [PREPARE: SELECT * FROM Queues WHERE LOWER(Name) =
LOWER($1)] -- 135 times

and so on...

i'm just curious why does RT have to count tickets 405 times if there are
only 135 queues?
and why does it run "SELECT * FROM Queues" 135 times just do display the
homepage?

regards
F.