[rt-users] How to send mail when a ticket comes in

Alan Premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Dec 6 02:47:10 EST 2006

you have spaces between -- and action ... you don't want those.

it should read something like:

general: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action respond --url
http://rt.domain.com/"

Also, although sendmail requires rt-mailgate to reside in /etc/smrsh for
security purposes, you don't necessarily need to call it from
/etc/smrsh.  so the following would also work (assuming an install path
of /opt/rt3 )

general: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action respond
- --url http://rt.domain.com/"

if memory serves, the queue names are case sensitive, so General is
different from general.

lastly, make sure that your URL actually matches the URL of your
machine, I've had problems in the past where although the URL was
resolvable to the machine, it was different than the installed URL (or
local hostname, i don't remember which) and thus caused problems.

hope this helps,

Alan

Carvajal, Roberto A. wrote:
> My understanding was you only need quotes for queues with spaces and
> that the queue names were not case sensitive. It has previously received
> mail and sorted it into queues witht eh following:
>
> "general: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general -- action respond
> --url
> http://rt.domain.com/
>
> surveillance: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue surveillance -- action
> respond --url
> http://rt.domain.com/
>
> firewall: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue firewall -- action respond
> --url
> http://rt.domain.com/
>
> ops: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue ops -- action respond --url
> http://rt.domain.com/
>
> foreign: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue foreign -- action respond
> --url
> http://rt.domain.com/"
>
> But now that it sends e-mails it no longer receives.
>
> -Robert

...snip...