[rt-users] Adding custom field values from Perl script.

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 8 10:25:32 EST 2006

	I'm trying to add some values to a few tickets after I've gotten the
ticket object for them, without much luck.  I'm able to see any existing
values, no problem, but running $ticket->AddCustomFieldValue({ Field =>
$field_id, Value => $field_value }) doesn't appear to be doing anything
other than returning 1.  Checking the custom field values before and after
running AddCustomFieldValue shows no changes, as does showing the ticket
through the web interface.  I know I'm using the right field id, since it's
the same one I'm using to check what the current values are, and field_value
shouldn't be a problem, since it's just an int.  Am I going about this
entirely the wrong way?  Something obvious that I'm just not seeing, after
having stared at this for so long?

Jacob, could you post the relevant section of your script?

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)