[rt-users] Permission denied Problem

Tobias Heinz tobias at formelheinz.de
Wed Dec 6 03:17:50 EST 2006

Dear All,

I am running an rt installation (3.4 on Debian, with seperate postgres
backend) for about a year now. Currently I have around 50 call centre
agents working on tickets submitted by a community of around 100.000
clients.

I have set-up the system to allow creation of tickets for everyone
(following the instructions in the bestpractical-Wiki) by just sending a
mail to service at something.com  which works fine. At this point in time
the amount of users that have been "autocreated on ticket creation" has
hit 35.000 and the number of tickets currently in my database is around
60.000.

For the past weeks I have had clients that were sending a mail with a
new ticket, that received a "Message not recorded" "permission denied"
bounce back from the request tracker. I have checked the entries and
there are no differences between other users. At the same time, other
tickets are recorded by the system just fine. In two cases the clients
were creating another different ticket a few minutes later - and this
time without a problem.

Any hint or idea what might be happening?

Best regards and many thanks in advance ...

T. Heinz