[rt-users] Limiting ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs

Richard J Palmer richard at merula.net
Sat Dec 30 09:26:07 EST 2006

We use ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs  on our system mainly beause a few of
our support requests come in with a couple of related cc's in the same
company and all is well.

However every so often (yesterday was a good nexample ...) We get spam
into the system that has over 100 CCs which we obviously don't want to
add.

What I'd ideally like to do is limit the process to only add cc's if
there are say 5 or 10 maximum cc fields (the ultimate would be to set a
customisable limit.

How I have looked at the code, and in theory it seems quite easy to do
*BUT* I don't have the confidence to do this without breaking things ;)

Could anyone provide s snippint of code to edit Email.pm as need be ?

Thanks!
--
Richard Palmer
Merula Limited