[rt-users] FastCGI vs/or FastCGId? System memory "leak"?

Tomas Olaj tomas.olaj at usit.uio.no
Mon Feb 6 03:55:21 EST 2006

On the marvelous Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Justin Zygmont wrote kindly to me ...

>>> Jesse mentioned at the Amsterdam class that mod_FCGId is another
>>> alternative (http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/) to mod_FastCGI, and I  will have
>>> a closer look at this source. And, the source code looks  newer and
>>> maintained. ;)
>>

>> Hello,
>> did anybody use fcgid successfully to replace fascgi? I would love an
>> rt-specific configuration sample.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Harald
>
> I tried it, and it seemed to work great, until a few users noticed a place
> where they could not create a ticket.  When I switched it back to cgi, or
> fastcgi, it worked again.  So much for using that...
>
> Meanwhile, I can the fastcgi processes slowly taking up more and more ram.

I really haven't got time to test FCGId. Do You say that this software
is not recommendable? Could there be other alternatives than FastCGI?
FastCGI works, but it consumes memory, and I worry because no one
maintains the source code.