[rt-users] Re: RT Bug -> was: problem creating ticket - Foundno sequence for Tickets

Elliot Finley efinleywork at efinley.com
Tue Feb 7 19:11:07 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Benda" <bendis at bendis.cz>
> Elliot Finley <efinleywork <at> efinley.com> writes:
>

> > Still no response from anyone on this problem.  I downgraded Postgres
from
> > 8.1.2 to 8.0.6 and all is well again.  So it appears that RT doesn't
like
> > Postgres 8.1.2.  Can anyone confirm this?
> >

> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem with RT 3.4.4 and PostgreSQL 8.1.2, downgrading
> dbix-searchbuilder from 1.38 to 1.35 solved it - but I'm not sure if this
is
> the primary source of problems...

I upgraded searchbuilder to 1.38 the same day that I upgraded Postgres to
8.1.2 and they don't work together.  Currently I'm at Postgres 8.0.6 and
searchbuilder 1.38 and it works.  So the obvious conclusion is that
searchbuilder 1.38 doesn't like the way that Postgres 8.1.2 returns its
sequences on inserted rows.

Elliot