[rt-users] Fickle owner changes

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 9 15:15:29 EST 2006

At Thursday 2/9/2006 03:02 PM, Jonathan Godbeer wrote:
>I have that part complete. My template sends a form with information from
>the ticket. That works. It has been the process of establishing a
>condition to send it under that has been the hassle.
>
>Initially I tried to send it on owner change, which works sometimes. The
>only time it doesnt work is when the original ticket requestor assigns the
>ticket to themself. This tends to be the case quite often, so in order to
>print out the form, we would have to have someone else assign the ticket
>we created to us...kind of awkward.

Jonathan,

I think you were on the right track with your first attempt, using the On
Owner Change condition. Bear in mind that if you have the config variable
NotifyActor set to 0, you will not get notified of your own updates - this
may be why  the mail isn't being sent to you when you take the ticket.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FAQ under Mailgate gives more info.
It implies that Autoreply actions WILL send mail regardless of the
NotifyActor setting, so perhaps if you could create an "Autoreply to Owner"
action, it would do what you want.

Steve