[rt-users] 'Organisation' stuck as 'example.com' in RT 3.4.5 on Gentoo

Matt Robinson matt.robinson at appliansys.com
Fri Feb 17 04:19:22 EST 2006

Hi,

Corey wrote:
> /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
>
> rm -rf /var/www/<vhost>/rt-3.4.5/var/mason_data/
>
> /etc/init.d/apache2 start
>
> You're possibly seeing the mason cache at works; clear it, then restart
> apache, which will restart your fcgi handlers for rt.

Thanks to everyone that responded - I've now got it working, but not in
an ideal manner.

Corey - your suggestion really helped in finding what was going on. I
checked the mason_data directories and did as you suggested in my vhost
location, no joy. I then checked in the central webapp-config repository
(/usr/share/webapps/rt/3.4.5/hostroot/rt-3.4.5/var/mason_data) and found
that apache2 was actually using *this* location for the mason cache!

 From there I found that it was also using the RT_Config.pm file from
this location too. Changing this copy of RT_Config.pm, clearing mason
cache and restarting apache solved my issue.

So now I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the Gentoo ebuild
of 3.4.5 or if this is somehow a local issue. The vhost/webapp-config
stuff certainly isn't working correctly on my box.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour with 3.4.5 on Gentoo? Any
suggestions of how to tackle this also appreciated :)

Many thanks,

Matt

--

Matthew Robinson