[rt-users] Re: You don't have permission to access /rt on thisserver

zhou jian sunzhoujian at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 19:07:57 EST 2006

Thanks for your hints. This error really troubled me
for days. I have googled the internet and read the
related file serveral time and tried to find the clue.
It is not easy to identify.  As a newbie in this
field, I may not give a clear description at the very
start. I just hope that other people had the similar
experience and can give me a hint about their
solutions. In the httpd.conf file, I just added a
Virtual host to host RT installation. And the
confiuration file was copied from there.

<VirtualHost osg-tg2.its.uiowa.edu>
Alias /rt "/opt/rt3/share/html"
#Alias /rt "/usr/local/rt"

ServerName osg-tg2.its.uiowa.edu
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
#Alias /rt "/opt/rt3/share/html"
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_access.c>
       Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

<Location />
  #RewriteEngine On
  #RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  #AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>