[rt-users] Best way to read in a remote URL in a Scrip?

Adrian Carter cartera at lei.net.au
Sun Jan 8 22:38:43 EST 2006

Hi all,
    Just wondering what in everyones experience is the best way to
scavenge some data via a HTTP GET session to a remote server? I've got a
data-broker I built to interact with our inhouse DB system, and I just
need to construct queries like a HTML path to it, and then read the
results back.

    I currently have some nasty 'back ticks' spawning lynx with a
'-dump' option then a couple of lines of 'clean-up' regex's... Is there
a more elegant or more efficent way to do this ?

Thanks

--
Adrian Carter
Technical Manager

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415
E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au