[rt-users] Attachment Problem?

Fisher, Michael Michael_Fisher at URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Jan 10 21:35:11 EST 2006

I'm running the FreeBSD Ports version of Request Tracker 3.4.4 on a 5.4
server (FreeBSD sonhouse.son.rochester.edu 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #4:
Mon Nov  7 13:25:52 EST 2005
root at video.son.rochester.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SONHOUSE  i386). My DB
backend is PgSQL 7.4.7 and I am using Exim 4.60.

I upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.4.4 via ports (with the UPGRADE_RT32 option set
and did a full portupgrade of all of Perl modules that are tracked as
dependencies by the port). Since then, I can no longer mail deliberate file
attachments (oddly enough, my text signature and a MS-TNEF do appear as
attachments) or attach files through the web.

When I try to attach files through the web, I see a blank page for the
result page and get this error:

	[Tue Jan 10 23:15:25 2006] [crit]: CGI open of tmpfile: Permission
denied (/usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl:127)

I haven't been able to track down an error for messages sent by mail.

My MIME tools package is version 5.419.

My attachment settings are stock from the RT_Config:
Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);

Attachments which were already stored in the system (from 3.2.2) display
properly.

Are there any known issues with specific version levels of the MIME tools or
would there be any suggestions for other things that I could try?

Thank you.

--
Mike Fisher     Michael_Fisher at urmc.rochester.edu       585-275-6884
University of Rochester                                 School of Nursing