[rt-users] Fw: Returned mail: see transcript for details -rt-mailgate problem

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Tue Jan 17 00:28:39 EST 2006

It does not matter what RT is running as in this case.  Your mail
delivery system is trying to execute the command...  in my case its
postfix which runs as the user _postfix on OpenBSD.   So as root, I
would do su _postfix, then I could manually try to run the rt-mailgate
command.

I think its waiting for the message to be piped into it, so thats why
it did nothing.

I'd find out what user your MTA is running as (ps -aux | less and see
what user it shows up as) then try the su username and see if you can
get at rt-mailgate.

>From the error, I would guess that the problem is that the user that
sendmail is running as cannot access that file for some reason.

Your maillog may have more information also, but I think that is the
problem, since you do appear to have the full path in there.

Hope that helps!