[rt-users] ERROR: relation "fm_classcustomfields_id_seq" does not exist

Tracy Phillips tracy.phillips at rackeasy.com
Tue Jan 24 20:34:22 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to install RTFM 2.2.0RC1 with RT 3.4.4 on FreeBSD 6.0 with
Postgresql 8.1.

This is the error that I get:

[root at ded002 RTFM-2.2.0RC1]# make initdb
/usr/bin/perl -Ilib -I/usr/local/rt3/lib
/usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema --datadir etc
--datafile etc/initialdata --dba rt_user --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your Pg instance on localhost as rt_user.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
/usr/bin/perl -Ilib -I/usr/local/rt3/lib
/usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl --datadir etc
--datafile etc/initialdata --dba rt_user --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your Pg instance on localhost as rt_user.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation
"fm_classcustomfields_id_seq" does not exist
Problem with statement:
 GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON FM_ClassCustomFields_id_seq to
rt_user;
ERROR:  relation "fm_classcustomfields_id_seq" does not exist
...returned with error: 65280
*** Error code 255

Stop in /root/RTFM-2.2.0RC1.

Any ideas on how to get past this point?

Thanks,

Tracy