[rt-users] Oracle Errors

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Jan 25 06:58:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:00:06 -0500 (EST)
rt-users-request at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:

> I have been trying to install RT the past few days and have run into
> a few issues with it and Oracle. I am installing it on CentOS 4.1,
> and Oracle 10G release1, and RT 3.5.7. The software installed just
> fine but when I run the intialize DB step I get this error.
There is atleast one problem that I have spotted and that is that
schema.Oracle contains two empty lines in CREATE TABLE
ObjectCustomFieldValues which don't belong there.
That is the second set of errors you get. The first is an indication
that an sequence with that name already exists in the schema of that
Oracle users you're RT installing in.

What I have done with all my Oracle installations is to create a rt_user
and grant resouce,connect,dba to it, install RT and revoke the DBA right
is needed.
This way you don't need to know the password of the system account and
don't have problems system creating tables for rt_user.
So, if something goes wrong during populating/making the Oracle schema,
drop the user and start all over again with a fresh empty user.

Joop

PS:
Will try, later today or tomorrow, latest release on a OracleXE db just
for fun ;-)

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>