[rt-users] Adding AdminCC email addresses automatically

Gregory Sutcliffe gsutcliffe at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jan 25 10:50:54 EST 2006

Hi to all,

First off, cheers for great software! Makes my job possible :)

Now to the detail - and apologies if this has been posted before. A quick
search of the archives didn't turn anything up...

I'm trying to get RT to add myself as an AdminCC whenever a ticket is created,
mainly so I can keep abreast of the situation across all tickets. There
doesn't seem to be a function within the scrips menu for this (version RT
v3.4.4), so I tried to scrip it myself. I fully admit my Perl is rubbish, so
please tell me why this doesn't work:

Condition: OnCreate
Action: User Defined
Template: Global: blank
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom Condition: <blank>
Custom action preparation code:
	$RT::Logger->info("New ticket - Set admin script starting");
	$self->_AddWatcher( Type => 'AdminCc', Email =>
		"gsutcliffe at streamline-computing.com" );
	$RT::Logger->info("New ticket - Set admin script exiting");
	return 1;
Custom action cleanup code: <blank>

As best I can gather from RT documentation, that should add my email to the
AdminCC list for any new ticket. But RT silently does nothing new compared to
before I created this scrip.

Any help much appreciated,

Greg
---