[rt-users] Weird hardcore scrip question regarding POSIX, strftime(), localtime()

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Mon Jan 30 22:23:37 EST 2006

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> Something is using Time::localtime, but not consistently.  You can work
> around it by calling CORE::localtime which always gets the Perl built-in.

Of course, about 5 minutes after I sent e-mail about it, I had an
inspiration and decided to change all instances of "localtime" and
"strftime" in my code to

  POSIX::localtime

and

  POSIX::strftime

respectively. I suspect (bearing further testing) that this will permanently
fix it.

--
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)
On the web: http://helpdesk.rice.edu/