[rt-users] dedicated perl install

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jan 31 11:10:32 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 10:45, wolf2k5 wrote:

> I have a web server running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, there are a
> lot of virtual hosts on it (with PHP and Perl/CGI scripts).
>
> I want to install RT on the server.
>
> Do you recommend to use a dedicated Perl install for RT?
> Any cons for that?
>
> I don't want to affect the other virtual hosts.

You could install a different copy, but RHEL4 has a suitable
version and just needs a lot of extra modules that should
not break anything else. The only one you might be concerned
about is HTML::Mason.  If you have existing sites using older
versions you should be cautious about updating to the current
one. The RPM's mentioned at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
should work, but since it has to co-exist with other sites
you'll probably want to run it under fastcgi instead of
mod_perl.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com