[rt-users] dedicated perl install

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jan 31 16:08:15 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 13:46, wolf2k5 wrote:
> On 1/31/06, Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:
> > The RPM's mentioned at
> > http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
> > should work, but since it has to co-exist with other sites
> > you'll probably want to run it under fastcgi instead of
> > mod_perl.
>
> You are right, indeed RHEL4 ships with mod_perl 1.99, while that RT
> rpm requires mod_perl 2.0.

If you don't have existing mod_perl sites it wouldn't matter, but
there is a big namespace change that will probably break anything
you might have running now.

> I think I'll go with a dedicated Perl install for RT.

Running under fastcgi would be less drastic.
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide
(you could probably use most of the perl module rpms
from the other set instead of the CPAN install).

If you build a custom perl and run mod_perl, you will
also probably have to build a custom httpd and mod_perl
and bind it to a different port or IP address.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com