[rt-users] 3.6 continual re-login issue [A Fix!]

Covington, Chris Chris.Covington at plusone.com
Wed Jul 12 13:12:11 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 12:21:42PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Kaylea Hascall wrote:
>

> >Thank you everyone who has e-mailed me off-list about this. The
> >problem in my
> >case seemed to lie between mysql, mason, and RT. Changing the
> >character set
> >seems to resolve it [credit here goes to Freman -- thanks!!]. I'm
> >CC'ing the
> >other people I've seen report this recently, too.
>

> >Here's the SQL Freman sent me, which solved my problem:
>
> I _believe_ that only this statement should be necessary if the issue
> is what I now believe it to be.
>
> >ALTER TABLE sessions CHANGE a_session a_session LONGBLOB;
>

> I'd worry a _lot_ about these changes. Setting your characterset to
> latin1 with swedish collation isn't going to fix things properly, but
> may mask a number of other issues.
> We've got a branch of 3.6 with a "proper" fix for these issues (which
> I presume only manifest on MySQL 5. Would anyone like to confirm or
> deny that?)

No, it happens with MySQL 4.1.19 also.  I was hoping that upgrading to 5
would help but it didn't.

I wonder if is at all related or similar to the binary attachment
corruption I've been having for the last few months as well?  I've tried
forcing binary character sets, etc. and that didn't seem to help.

---
Chris Covington
IT
Plus One Health Management