[rt-users] (no subject)

Hayes, Paul phayes at paddypower.com
Mon Jul 17 06:27:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a custom status field that gives a more detailed breakdown of the
tickets. I also have set up scrips to send notifications when this
custom status changes. I did have notifications set up when the standard
RT status changes, and On Resolve, but I want to remove these to reduce
the volume of mails sent to users.

The only open ended issue is that I'd like to ensure that if someone
updates the RT status to 'resolved' , that it also updates the custom
status to 'closed'. Is ther any way of doing this through a scrip?

I've had a look on the wiki, and the only thing that came close was

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?EditCustomFieldsOnUpdate

..but I'd like the custom status change to occur automatically without
requiring user input.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. I am using RT 3.4.5

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained in this communication. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use this e-mail or any part of it in any way whatsoever. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender immediately.

Paddy Power PLC may monitor the content of e-mail sent and received for the purpose of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.