[rt-users] filtering by hostmask best done with scrip?

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Mon Jul 17 18:22:39 EDT 2006

Cristobal Palmer wrote:

> Am I correct in thinking that this is best done with a scrip and not
> in postfix? (I'd like to have  an RT admin who doesn't touch the
> configs of the box in question).

Hi Cristobal.

To be honest, I'd lean towards using Postfix to take care of this, given
the specifications you put forth (one client per queue, relatively
static list of clients, and so forth.)

Putting this kind of check is dead-easy, and the best part is that you
can have Postfix reject the email before you even have to waste one CPU
cycle processing it through RT.  And since you're probably already
touching Postfix to handle the rt-mailgate commands, it's not like you'd
be adding a whole new realm to the administrative work.

Barry