[rt-users] Question about LdapOverlay and Windows Active Directory

Dario Luis Coneglian Oliveros oliveros at cpqd.com.br
Fri Jul 21 14:45:46 EDT 2006

I finally got it working !!! It was configuration data issues (cn, ou,
...). Thanks to everyone !!!
To solve that, I installed Softerra Ldap Browser to get the correct LDAP
settings and also to do some LDAP searchs. Special thanks to Joachim and
Helmuth.
Now everything looks fine, except for the user auto creation.
When trying to login with a LDAP user who does not exist in RT database
yet, the user authentication fails. Somehow the LDAP filter got messed
up and the sAMAccountName is not filled. Starting from the Auth
callback, the IsPassword method is called and it does, the filter gets
created before LDAP search.

autohandler/Auth callback:

unless ($session{'CurrentUser'}) {
    if (defined ($user) && defined ($pass) ) {
        $session{'CurrentUser'} = RT::CurrentUser->new();
        $session{'CurrentUser'}->Load($user);

        unless ($session{'CurrentUser'}->Id) {
	    // IT GETS HERE IF USER DOES NOT EXIST IN RT DB
            my $UserObj = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
            my ($val, $msg) = $UserObj->SetName($user);

            if ($UserObj->IsPassword($pass)) { // CALL IsPassword in User_Local.pm

User_Local.pm

sub IsLDAPPassword {
    my $filter_string = '(&(' . $RT::LdapAttrMap->{'Name'} . '=' .
      $self->Name . ')' . $ldap_filter . ')';
    // filter_string = (&(sAMAccountName=)(objectclass=user))

}

Not sure why sAMAccountName is empty. If I create the same user locally
in RT and log in again, the LDAP authentication will be OK.
Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Dário