[rt-users] " Merge failed. Couldn't set Status" - after upgrade to 3.4.5

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 1 13:17:34 EDT 2006

Mike Patterson wrote:
> We noticed a bug with RT 3.4.5 after our upgrade, which could be an
> indicator of an "inconsistent database".
>
> When we attempted to merge one ticket into another we go this message
> "Merge failed. Couldn't set Status"
>
> It turns out that both of the tickets were already set to "resolved".
> After we switched the status to "open" we were able to merge the
> tickets (then we switched the merged ticket back to resolved).
>
> We verified that our accounts have "ModifyTicket" rights and also
> checked tried this as root.
>
> Looking at our rt.log file we saw this message:
> [Wed May 31 17:45:01 2006] [error]: RT::Ticket=HASH(0xa70c0ec)
> couldn't set status to resolved. RT's Database may be inconsistent.
> (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:2730)
>
> When I tested on our old box (RT 3.2.2), merging resolved tickets
> wasn't a problem.
>
> Any one else experiencing this or have suggestions on what I can do
> about it?
>
> I migrated from:
> FreeBSD 4.11, RT 3.2.2, MySQL 4.1.7, Apache 1.3.33, Perl 5.8.4,
> mod_perl-1.29, DBI-1.42_1
> --TO-->
> RHEL 4.3, RT 3.4.5, MySQL 4.1.2-3, Apache 2.0.52, Perl 5.8.5,
> mod_fastcgi-2.4.2, DBI-1.40-8
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Mike,

    To be honest, I can't see that as a problem. I thought the whole
point of merging tickets was to get one owner to work on similar (or
same) problems  on one ticket instead of several, therefore,  you merge
the tickets . before they get resolved. However, everyone does their
thing differently. I like the setup. That way it acts like a filter to
keep from merging tickets that are already resolved. you know, the cat
is already out of the bag, no sense closing it.

Kenn