[rt-users] RT On Intel Mac? - Answer

rt-users-list at derman.com rt-users-list at derman.com
Mon Jun 5 00:42:03 EDT 2006

A while ago I posted the query:
=====
Is there a secret to being able to get all the required perl modules to
compile/install on an Intel Mac?

Attempting:
install Bundle::CPAN

...yields many instances of:
-----
*** No rule to make target
`/System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/config.h',
needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
-----

Anyone know whether there's a solution for this problem (and what it is)?
=====

Although I didn't get an answer, I did get a question that sparked an
investigation that led me to discover what I'd done ... or not done, in
this case.

The Perl config.h file (and many other headers) are installed via the
Xcode install (available for free via http://developer.apple.com/, signup
required).  'Though I had installed most of the developer stuff, I had
omitted installing the BSD SDK support ... which (Murphy's Law says) is
where the Perl development headers are contained.

Hope this helps someone else.