[rt-users] Custom Field issue

John A. Walker jawalk00 at uky.edu
Thu Jun 8 13:04:09 EDT 2006

Kenn - Thanks for taking the time to respond.  It is greatly
appreciated.  Let me explain a little more and then you can let me know if
what you're doing would still apply.  In essence we were wanting the user,
as they create the ticket, to be able to select the person that needed to
approve the ticket.  We did this by creating a custom field with the list
of users that can approve a ticket.    Once a user creating the ticket
selected a person to approve, the ticket create process would also create
the approval request for the person selected as the approver.

I can't tell for sure but I'm thinking that you have a certain group of
users that are allowed to look in the approval queue and users simply
submit approvals into this queue?  If I've misunderstood how your situation
works let me know.  Perhaps what you are doing would work for our
situation.  The key to our situation is the need to have a ticket creator
be able to select the user they want to approve a ticket.  If that can be
done with your method and you have the time please give me a little more
detail.

Thanks again.

John