[rt-users] read-only user rights.

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Thu Jun 8 17:43:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

Imagine that I have a group, non_experts, where I keep people who can
logon to RT web site, can post tickets, can see certain queues (but not
all) and can search tickets in those queues (but not all). Those users
should be able to change their password, but not modify rest of profile.

I figured out that unprivileged users who are given right "Modify self"
will be able to change password but not rest of profile.

I also figured out that if in a queue I gile the right "SeeQueue" to
unprivileged users, they they will be able to see the queue when they
click "Create ticket" button.

But how can I give them the right to search the ticket database? They
should be able to search the queues which give them "See queue" privilege.

Tomasz Wlodek                        | tel 631-344-7448
Brookhaven Laboratory, Building 510M | fax 631-344-7616
Upton NY 11973-5000                  |